Thursday, October 6, 2011

Block Stamping

Every couple of week's Yvonne Yam has a guest designer on her blog.  Always someone fabulous ;>)  This time around the guest is Piali and she is challenging us to ink up an acrylic stamp block and use it as a background - clear block stamping.
Well, I did not go back and read the challenge before I started crafting.  I used the ink pad itself as a background and I am so happy I made the mistake because I am liking the results!!! Are you like me and remember when SU changed the packaging on their ink pads.  For all the "new" style ink pads I own there is a little warping going on, finally I have a reason to like the warping.  It created such a great highlight with the "white space" in the center.

Once I made one, I had to make another.
 This one is for the Outlawz Paper Ala Mode challenge, to make a non-fall card using fall colors. Check out all the details on the Outlawz forum.  There is a huge party going on right now! 

Of course after I made a couple I had so much fun (translation quick and easy) that I went a little crazy and made over a dozen more for note card sets.   I promise to share, but first I need to finish something to go with my note cards.  Ooooo and I am having so much fun with what I am working on (translation for that one is that it is fun, but it is taking forever to finish!).

Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamp - PTI, Ink - SU, CS - PTI, Embroidery Floss - DMC, Button - PTI and Tim Holtz distressing tool - I splurged and replaced my serrated kitchen knife with a real distresser :>)

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Julie! Love the white "highlight"....really adds such nice texture! :)

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Piali's block stamping challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really really pretty and what a great technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how they came out - I can see that in a gift set definitely! And I like the stamp set you used...looks so simple but elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie, what gorgeous cards! I love the effect of the acrylic block stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These look great. Never came across this technique before. Will surely try it out when I have some colors suitable for a background. Really love the highlight in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!! These are just amazing!! I especially love the first- the monochromatic scheme is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete