Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Cake

Birthday Cake
I love to bake and decorate Birthday cakes, but when it comes to eating 'em I am an ice cream cake kind of gal.  How about you?
 The latest sketch from CPS was mixed in with some Togetherness PP from Cosmo Cricket - yum!
This card is also for the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge, which is to add a pin wheel to your creation.  I considered using pinwheel paper, but decided to create my own pinwheel by gluing 2 pieces of PP together.  Pinwheels are all the rage and it was easier to make one than I expected.  What was a little harder on this card?  Sewing.  I sewed the edges and then realized I had run out of thread.  Oh well, I decided to just go with the paper pierced look instead.
Happy Tuesday!!!
Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamps - Forget About the Cake and So You Say It's Your Birthday (TCP), PP - Togetherness (CC), Ink - SU and Momento, CS - Ocean Tides (PTI), Button - PTI and embroidery floss.

9 comments:

  1. sweet..I'm {unfortunately} a fan of icecream cake too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had 2 cake decorating classes and got sick of cake so I only eat it if it's something different from the norm. So, yes, I love ice cream cakes.

    Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ice cream cakes!! Your card is too cute, great set of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and love that little pinwheel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The devil and the deep blue sea...I like'em both! lol

    Lovelovelove your fresh card! The colors are just so pretty...really fabulous pinwheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Julie!! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAY cute! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM, I love ice cream cake! This is ADORABLE!!! I love that image and your fab dp and pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously?!? I can't believe how behind I am...sorry for being such a bad bloggin' buddy!!

    Your little pinwheel is darling along with the entire card! Your coloring is great too!

    ReplyDelete