Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome "Tweet" Baby

Lace, twine, distressing, buttons and sewing. 

The challenge this week on Little Paper Shop is distressing, so I used ink to add a vintage touch to all the ivory.  This card is based on Card Patterns sketch #72 , which reminded me of a quilt.  I did flip the sketch and added the tag, but all the elements are there.  To create my quilt, I stamped the script from LPS's Behind the Scenes and then punched out 3/4" squares, matted and sewed away.  The little bird nest was inspired by Joy, who used twine to create the cutest nest HERE.  I pulled out my crimper (and dusted it off) to create my nest - I distressed first, then crimped and cut.  Pink is the challenge on Charisma Cardz.  This fits with the fact that I am thinking pink for my pregnant cousin.  She does not know the sex, we will find out when the little one arrives next week (I am hoping I get to give this card!).
Plus, this week Moxie Fab World is challenging all of us with a different style each day.  I am going with Shabby & Vintage on this one.

Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamps - Behind the Scenes & Flyin By (LPS), Baby Button Bits sentiment (PTI), CS - SU, Ink - SU & Fresco Medici Marble (Stampa Rosa), Twine and Buttons (PTI), and Lace - Joann's.

10 comments:

  1. What a tweet card! I love how you used the nesties to create the card base and that little bird nest is so cleverly done! I'm not the one to decide, but for me you definitely made the Super 6! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, Julie! Very shabby and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bird in the nest is so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I love the back ground paper you've created and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is gorgeous, it is soooooooooo pretty & striking. Thanks so much for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You hit the nail right on the head! Love the little nest and the quilted background is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your super 6 at card patterns! This card is a beauty with all its details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! I love how you used the BG stamp and this little birdie from LPS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable baby card. I especially love the nest... how clever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete