Monday, April 26, 2010

LPS Color Challenge

This week, Little Paper Shop is challenging you to use Lilac, Banana and White on a project.  Sounds easy, right?   Then why don't you play along with us?!?!  I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with this color combo.  Just link up your creation HERE by Sunday May 2nd at 10 pm EST and one random participant will win the "Lucy Horse" digi image!  If you post to a gallery, use key word LPSC65.

Ok, I have to be honest, I have trouble using yellow and purple, never mind having to put the 2 together!  Where is the aqua???  Well, I made my card, but I was sure to take a pic of it with an aqua background!!!  


I pulled out my glitter and embossing powder for this one, along with the newly released Rose set from LPS.  The layout is based on Card Patterns sketch #61: 



Be sure to check out the LPS Design Team's creations along with the other 2 guest designers...I peeked at their cards and there are some beauties to be found this week!


Happy Monday!
Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamp Set - LPS Rose, CS - PTI, Glitter - Stampendous, Clear Embossing Powder, Ink - Versamark and SU Lovely Lilac.

14 comments:

  1. this is sooo pretty! I lvoe the shimmery glitter...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Julie! Those colors are hard! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! What a great background piece and a very classy & elegant card with the sketch you chose, great job!

    (Love how you incorporated the aqua, you're a rebel, LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but stunning. Love the heat embossed BG...one brill idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to work in that aqua! lol! Love the embossed background - this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! The sparkly embossing powder adds such an elegant and sophisticated touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the subtle background. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's not crazy about yellow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the embossing!! This is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch! Just the right amount of purple glitter and I really like your heat embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, and that purple glitter strip? So very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so pretty! Love the embossing! And that purple glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So soft and pretty! Love all that sparkle ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love your flower! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete