Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One in a Million

My daughter found a yellow lady bug yesterday, so delicate and pretty, one of the few "bugs" that I actually like. I am sure that yellow lady bugs are common somewhere, but in my area, we only have red ones. It is the first yellow lady bug I have ever seen, so it inspired me to make a lady bug card. Red, White, and Black are also this week's color challenge at Stamp TV {lady bugs bring luck too :>)}.
Details: SU Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White CS, SU Very Punny and Mini Medleys stamp sets, CB embossing folders, Buttons and ribbon.

Now, I have to admit, I started out with this RED card. I wanted to have the yellow lady bug pop and making it all red seemed the way to go. Now I just wish that the photo actually looked red, and was clear LOL!

Details: SU Real Red, Basic Black and Banana CS, CB embossing folders, SU Very Punny stamp set, SU flower punch, recollections brads, and glitter.
I have tried various times of day and different angles, but it always comes out bright, blurry and horrible. Just trust me that IRL it is cute :>) Because I could not take a good pic I decided to make the red, white, and black card!!
There is tons of embossing and I even used my scorer to make lines on the solid black "ribbon" at the top. The sentiment was typed in Word. I was thinking of my daughter when I made this card, so I needed to add a little bling with the brads and glitter, yes there is glitter on the yellow bug even though you can not see it :>)

Both cards are based on Jen's SFYTT from this week! Check out Jen's blog to play along.

Smiles,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment