Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was actually away from my stamping supplies {shock, horror, I know :>) }, so I am sharing a layout I did a couple months ago. This is my daughter Miranda, from Christmas 2007 - I told you I am behind on scrapbooking!! I actually read something on-line yesterday about not being intimidated by scrapbooking. It mentioned that you do not have to scrapbook every event, that your child is not going to want 200 albums when they go off to college - LOL, so true! I will need to keep this in mind as I attempt to scrapbook the last 5 years :>).
Details: SU Very Vanilla CS, Offray Ribbon tied in knots, stash buttons, SU circle scallop punch, chipboard "M", and K&Company DP Peppermint Twist (this paper is the best, I bought it this past Christmas and there are so many great prints in the pad, it can be used for more than just Christmas too). The large tree is paper pieced (in retrospect, I think I should have used dimensionals to pop it up).

My layout is based on this sketch from PageMaps .
If you have never visited PageMaps before, be sure to check it out. There are sketches for both cards and layouts, plus, there is a contest each month.
Well, I am off to blurf for inspiration! And also to find out suggestions on how to take photos of scrapbook layouts...I kept getting a reflection from the photo, even though I was not using a flash. If you have any tips please feel free to share!
Smiles,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment