Sunday, May 31, 2009

Don't try this at home!

SOA has been so much fun! I am creating cards for all the summer Birthdays (yes, amazing, well in advance) and have found some great ideas and projects. The only problem is I am cutting back on sleep so I have more time to craft :>) and with twins that still do not sleep through the night I do not have that much sleep to give up, LOL!

Sunrise sewing...
Yesterday morning, one of my sons got up at 4 am and was wide awake. He went back to sleep an hour later, but then I was wide awake so I decided to work on some projects. I pulled out my sewing machine and began stitching a couple cards, I had already glued some DP to one card base and when it came time to stitch around the DP I failed to open the card . This meant I no longer had a card, because I sewed it shut! So lesson learned is NO SEWING while you are half asleep :>) Anyway, I ended up glueing the entire thing to a new card base and although it is not a standard size anymore I actually like the "mistake".

Here is my early morning card for the Little Paper Shop (LPS) SOA card challenge and it is my first time using a digital stamp. I love the real things, but there are some definite advantages to digital. You can make it any size you want and it also takes up less storage space (in my craft area at least). The only disadvantage I see so far is that my printer ink is not waterproof, oh well, I will get around it because I like so many of the digi images out there!
Swinging By


Details:
Stamps: Image - LPS Katie Swing digi stamp, Sentiment - SU Etruscan
Paper: SU Very Vanilla & Rose Red, DP K&Company
Embellies: Joann's Paper Craft Essentials
The dress is paperpieced, & I used foam to lift the main circle image along with the butterfly and flower .


Thanks for looking and have a great day (yes, I was up early again today...what is it with 4 am)! I still have more SOA images to share so stay posted!

Smiles, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment